I just tried out a bunch of Avon's new Fall products, and I have to say that I'm pretty impressed. From the packaging of the products to the quality, they seem much more expensive than they actually are.
The new collection focuses on jewel toned eyes and soft pink lips. It's a great look for Fall, and jewel toned hues generally make your eyes pop. The shadow pallet is pigment-rich and easy to blend, so it's quite "user friendly".
Here's how to apply some of the new goodies:
First, apply concealer over the lid (this makes the eyeshadow stick throughout the day). Then, grab the Nocturnal eyeshadow quad ($7). Start with the lightest shade, tempted, and apply it under the brow and to the inner corner of the eye. Then take the light brown shade, Suede, and smooth it on only from the crease down, blending upwards.
Next, apply the plum shade, nocturnal, to the inner half of the eyelid (not into the tear ducts). Blend well.
Then, apply the deep green shade, celadon, to the very outer corner of your lid. Again, make sure to blend well, especially blend into the plum shade. This creates a flawless, almost airbrushed, look.
Line your eyes (top and bottom) with Professional Kohl Eyeliner in Bronze ($6). The line should be thicker as it goes outwards.
Finally, apply some mascara. Avon's new Supercurlacious ($7.50) is divine. And your look is complete!
To locate an Avon Representative call 1-800-FOR-AVON or visit online at www.avon.com.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- The Perfect Red Lipstick
- Blue Suede Shoes on SALE!
- Benefit Lipstick Sale!!!
- Green Beauty Tools
- Gorgeous Nail Polish Without the Wait
- This Balm is 'Da Bomb!
- Quickie Hair Fix
- Chic Cozy Cardigan
- Pretty Flats for Fall
- Little Black Bag
- Sephora's New Ultimate Blockbuster Kit
- Animal Print Satchel on the Cheap!
- Mini Beauty Basics
- Fashion Faux Pas: Beyonce at the VMAs
- Alarmingly Ugly Trend: Shoulder Pads
- LORAC Sale!!!
- My New Lip Love: Jouer
- Go Green!
- The Perfect Party Plum Polish
- Roll-up Flats
- What's In My Makeup Bag: September
- Clinique Winter '09 Collection: Black Tie Violet
- Anna Sheffield For Target
- Clinique GWP at Bloomingdales!
- New Layout!
- Smokey Eyes in Every Color
- Stamp on Your Lipstick
- The Perfect Black Peep-Toe Pumps
- NARS Fall 2009 Collection
- Lookin' Pretty Sans Water
- Final Weekend to BOGO!
- A Dress That Goes With Anything...For $8!
- Unauthorized Use of My Writing and Pictures
- Liquid Liner Without the Hassle
- Fashion Faux Pas: Overpriced Trash Bag Purse
- Butter LONDON On Sale!!
- Get Gorgeous Waves
- Tutorial: New Avon Fall 09 Collection
- An Ice Bag For Us Fashonistas!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Stick-On Eyeshadow
- Caught In The Act: Harem Pants
- Beauty.com Gift With Purchase!
- More Stila Sale Items!!
- Face Freshening Beauty
- ▼ September (44)
- ► 2008 (69)