Nothing looks better than the classic smokey eye. The problem is that a lot of people tend to think that you can only do a smokey eye with black and grey shades. Though that look can be great for night, you can do a smokey eye with virtually any color shadow.
Pixi's Smokey Eye Palette is great for this. It contains basically all the colors you may be missing in your makeup kit because you were too scared to try them. Each shade is very highly pigmented and goes on smoothly. Each color, other than the black, have a little shimmer to them, which makes blending easy (matte shadows generally are tricky to apply and make to look even).
You can create countless looks with this palette. Mix the two purple shades, try the electric blue with the gunmetal grey to tone it down, do a sheer wash of the deep green...I played with this for about an hour last night and came up with some great looks. Hopefully I'll do a tutorial on colorful smokey eyes soon (I need a decent camera though).
All of these tones are surprisingly flattering and simply gorgeous. The palette is $28 at Target.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- The Perfect Red Lipstick
- Blue Suede Shoes on SALE!
- Benefit Lipstick Sale!!!
- Green Beauty Tools
- Gorgeous Nail Polish Without the Wait
- This Balm is 'Da Bomb!
- Quickie Hair Fix
- Chic Cozy Cardigan
- Pretty Flats for Fall
- Little Black Bag
- Sephora's New Ultimate Blockbuster Kit
- Animal Print Satchel on the Cheap!
- Mini Beauty Basics
- Fashion Faux Pas: Beyonce at the VMAs
- Alarmingly Ugly Trend: Shoulder Pads
- LORAC Sale!!!
- My New Lip Love: Jouer
- Go Green!
- The Perfect Party Plum Polish
- Roll-up Flats
- What's In My Makeup Bag: September
- Clinique Winter '09 Collection: Black Tie Violet
- Anna Sheffield For Target
- Clinique GWP at Bloomingdales!
- New Layout!
- Smokey Eyes in Every Color
- Stamp on Your Lipstick
- The Perfect Black Peep-Toe Pumps
- NARS Fall 2009 Collection
- Lookin' Pretty Sans Water
- Final Weekend to BOGO!
- A Dress That Goes With Anything...For $8!
- Unauthorized Use of My Writing and Pictures
- Liquid Liner Without the Hassle
- Fashion Faux Pas: Overpriced Trash Bag Purse
- Butter LONDON On Sale!!
- Get Gorgeous Waves
- Tutorial: New Avon Fall 09 Collection
- An Ice Bag For Us Fashonistas!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Stick-On Eyeshadow
- Caught In The Act: Harem Pants
- Beauty.com Gift With Purchase!
- More Stila Sale Items!!
- Face Freshening Beauty
- ▼ September (44)
- ► 2008 (69)