Friday, June 11, 2010

"Marathon Hold" Hair Gel. Sign Me Up.

So my hair basically eats any styling product I put in it.  I can go through multiple cans of mouse and gel in a week.  I don't know what happens... I always buy "strong hold" products and after application everything looks great (but of course my hair isn't completely dry due to the water in gel and mousse).  By the time it dries, I honestly look as if I just did nothing with my hair and the result is a frizzy 'fro.

As I was stocking up on mini hand cream and mousse for the "emergancy kits" I keep in my purse and at work, a new item grabbed my attention.  Dep Sport's Endurance Gel Marathon Hold. First of all...what??!!? The marathon hold claim interested me the most. If this gel can actually hold up through any sort of marathon, then it just might work on my product-eating hair.

I bought the trial size (hey it was $1!) and was amazed with the results. Despite the fact that this is marketed as a men's product, it does not smell like aftershave (one of my immediate concerns) and is simply free of any fragrance at all.

After washing my hair, I was actually excited to give this stuff a go! On wet hair, it works amazingly (thought I also did my daily ritual of dumping frizz serum all over my head). Once it was dry, I was left with beautiful bouncy curls!  I also tried it out on semi-dry hair one day when I was at work and it def gave my hair a pick-me-up.

I must warn you though--since it's so ridiculously strong, the product is a bit difficult to get out. Not horribly so, but just make sure to shampoo vigorously!!

The best part? You can get a 12oz bottle of the gel for under $4. So screw you, fancy-pants expensive gels that don't even work!!!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved