Thursday, June 3, 2010

What's Pissing Me Off Right Now: Knockoff Vera Bradley Bags

If you've ever even glanced at this blog, then you're well aware of my hatred for the fashionably horrifying, quilted floral-patterned, overpriced Vera Bradley bags (if not, check out my rant here).  But what I hate even more than those bags are knockoff versions.

Apparently Vera Bradley bags are so stylish and popular that everyone wants one--and some people simply can't afford a real one. The world's solution: pretend Vera Bradley bags for about half the price.  Now, I'm all about saving money when buying handbags--I've been known to purchase a few knockoff bags myself (albeit they're fashionable and super duper gorgey).

I just don't get the appeal.  Here's the thing:  My grandmother loves these bags.  And I encourage that.  They're perfect for her sewing things and just for toting her stuff around town.  But anyone under the age of 60 should not be carrying anything that even slightly resembles a Vera Bradley bag.

I've been living in Portsmouth, NH for about a year now and there are a lot of college-aged kids.  To my amazement, I'd say that around 40% (maybe even 50%) of them carry around little Vera Bradley bags.  And I'm pretty sure they think it's stylish, as the rest of their outfits are usually not terrible.  Is this a NH thing?  I'd rather see people use a cheap garbage bag than a "Vera". I get so angry when I see it them I shake and my boyfriend has to calm me down.  I'm talking medical problems here!!

For the love of God, cut it out.  If you want to have an ugly quilted bag, fine.  It's your choice, and I will continue to hate you.  But a knockoff bag of a bag that's already relativity cheap?  Well, that's just sad.

That is all.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved