Monday, May 14, 2007

Bad Hair day? HA--I Laugh at Thee


A great trend this season is a headband. There are so many ways to wear them and there are tons of different styles out there. One so sure to tickle your fancy, The hottest ones now are the bohemian scarf look, like the one above, from Avon's Mark line. It is $10 for two of 'em--the other style is just as cute; a burnt orange hue perfect for heading off to the beach. Plus the bands are actual headbands. I mean I've tried and tried to wear regular scarves like headbands but they constantly slide off and bunch up and tangle in my hair. It's ridiculous. This is a great alternative. The band is hidden inside the scarf part and it is pretty stiff (in a good way; it won't move but also will not give you a migraine from tightness). So you pretty much just slap it on your head and tie the cute ties underneath. They flow out and blend in the the hair. I enjoy wearing them over one shoulder so all can admire the great print.
Most of all, I love this for "bad" hair days. You know what I mean. You overslept and have no time to shower, let alone do anything to your hair. Either throw on the band and leave you hair loose, or for those particularly nasty days, do a low ponytail with one. The result is chic and groovy. I wore one today and even flipped out the ends of my hair to give myself a retro 60s look.
The most hilarious part? I stole the headband from my mom. I'm sure I will have to give it back, but she let me use it last night when I went for Mother's Day and now I'm hooked. Moms with style are pretty groovy themselves.
P.S.: I'm an Avon lady so feel free to order this from me! Oh glorious self promotion!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved