Though it isn't really portable, Sephora's new "Summer Blockbuster Palette" is perfect for experimenting with new looks at home.
This kit offers 24 flattering eye shadows, 24 gaaaageous lip colors, 5 blush hues, and 1 shimmer powder all for a mere $36. I mean, come on! This is pretty great. I love trying out new colors and such, but I hate having to throw away an entire eye compact because I ended up hating the color. With this divine array of colors, even if you hate half of 'em, you're still getting a bunch of great colors. Another plus: this kit is sans kelly green and hot pink (two of the least flattering colors for ANYONE), so the chances of actually hating any of the colors are slim to none. My only qualm would be that most of the blush colors look too dark and tan for me. But I'll settle for the pink one in the upper right corner and all the shadows and glosses.
And at least I'll be able to try some unflattering shades for pale-skinned mavens and know for certain that it doesn't look good without spending the funds on individual compacts. And I can use the offensive shades for 80s themed parties. It's really a win-win situation.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)
- Camo Print That Won't Blend In
- Sorry, Lovies!!
- LBD is now LPD--Because I Said So
- Sparkle and Shine Overdose
- Blue "Suede" Shoes for the Masses
- Bad Hair day? HA--I Laugh at Thee
- Clean and Gaaageous
- Happy Mother's Day!
- I'm Smitten with Just Bitten
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Eyebrow Blunders
- This Just in: Silver is the New Pink!
- So Wild, You'll Need a License to Have it
- Safety First!
- Kathy Van Zeeland Handbags are ROCKIN'
- Fashion Faux Pas: Sandals and Socks
- Fashion Faux Pas: Overalls Make a Comeback
- Be Your Own Makeup Artist
- Singin' the Blues
- Shoes of Sea Grass
- Mother's Day Swag
- Fashion Faux Pas: Tapered Jeans
- ▼ May (21)