Monday, May 14, 2007

Clean and Gaaageous

I am in love.

Let's rewind and I'll tell you all the story. I recently read a blog (I think it was on Styledash, which I love love love). Anyway, one of the blogette's wrote a review of oodles of foundations and Cover Girl's "Clean Makeup" was quite near the top of her list.

I had been looking for a new foundation for some time. I like Clinique, but they don't usually have a good color for me (I find them to have a lot of yellow-ish grey undertones and my face is practically neon pink). I tried some Neautrogena and it actually hurt my skin, so I knew I needed something different.

I should probably explain that I have severe eczema all over my face and often times I have what I like to call a goatee of redness. Not very attractive to say the least. So it is often a struggle to find makeup that doesn't irritate my skin, looks pretty, and covers up any redness I may have.

This foundation is pretty rockin'. And I really am in love. First of all, the color I got was, of course, the lightest and it actually matches my skin exactly. That never happens. The coverage is great-- not wicked sheer, but it doesn't get cakey even if you reapply throughout the day. I think it is fragrance-free, but whatever the case I don't even feel it on my skin. If anything, it feels like a nice lotion. But it is oil free. It's pretty much perfecto.

The only sucky bit is that it doesn't come out of the bottle. I have to pound it ketchup-style on my hand for a few minutes to get anything. But it is less than $4, so for that price I would be willing to smash open a new bottle daily to get it out.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved