Friday, May 11, 2007

I'm Smitten with Just Bitten

I love a bright red lip color. The thing is, I don't usually wear red lipstick because it is such a pain to keep up. I mean you've got to touch it up every 5 minutes to avoid having it it smudge and fade in weird spots. And forget about giving your boyfriend a smooch--it ain't happenin'.

That's why I was excited when I saw an ad for Revlon's new lip stain, "Just Bitten". It comes in four colors (a pink, an orange, a red and a purpleish color). My fave is "cherry tart". I searched all through my local CVS for this, but couldn't find even the ridiculous purple shade! Finally, I randomly ended up in the makeup department at Target and found the last one on the shelf! It was clearly meant to be.

Anyway, I took the stain for a test run yesterday. It was my day off and I spent it with my boyfriend who isn't shy about a good 'ole smoocharino, so I knew the lip stain would really get a good test. Amazingly enough, it lasted all day and even after I washed my face, slept, and showered this morning there was still a faint tint.

But remember ladies: if you're going to do a bright red lip color, tone down the eyes or else you'll look like a hooker. Sorry, but it is true. A bold lip goes with a fairly neutral eye and vice versa.

Another fun fact: this stain can be layered to achieve different looks from a sheer rose to a deep blood red. Just delightful. I really am smitten.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved