Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Beauty Boo-Boo: Eyebrow Blunders

Is there anything worse than un-groomed, ridiculous, thick eyebrows? I think not.

Since I live in Boston and take public transportation daily, I see a lot of uni brows, and general brown unruliness. I'm very close to packing some tweezers in my bag and pulling them out to help these unfortunate people when I come across them in my travels. I think that the MBTA frowns upon that, sadly.

So the best I can do is try to convince the people who stumble upon this blog to tame their brows.

Here are the worst mistakes people make with their eyebrows:
1) Not doing anything to them
2) Plucking too much
3) Waxing once and then letting them grow back in (and thus creating a beard-esque patch over your eye)
4) Plucking random hairs and having uneven brows.

What people don't understand is that eyebrows are actually quite important. Whether you know it or not, well groomed brows make you look younger, more awake, and just plain gorgeous. People generally look at each other's eye area and guess what, gals? The eyebrows help shape that area. And FYI, they are noticeable.

The bottom line is: if you don't groom your eyebrows, you make yourself look less attractive. And it is so simple to take care of them.

Here are your options:
1) Plucking (best if you naturally have decent brows but just have a few out of place)
2) Waxing
3) Crazy laser treatments that I do not recommend just yet

For those who choose to pluck, I highly suggest getting a stencil for your brow shape. Sephora has some good ones, I think by Anastasia. But if you can't get one that is fine. I usually like to take a white eye pencil and "white out" the hairs that I don't want to be there. Then when I go to pluck, I don't really pluck anything else by mistake. Get yourself a good pair of tweezers (go for more expensive because they last longer and grab the hair more precisely--meaning it hurts less). Just grab the offensive hair with it and pull it out! Very simple.

If you lack this sort of motor skill, go somewhere and have them waxed. These waxing peeps know what they're doing and you'll look great. Just make sure to keep going back to avoid the eye-beard. There are some DIY waxing kits, but they are tricky and it can be very easy to take off your whole eyebrow by mistake.

So those are the basics. I'm just begging you people. I can't bear to see anymore of these people with painted on brows, eye-beards, or uni brows. Something has to change. Take it from me, you'll be happier once you give in and embrace the idea of beautiful brows.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved