Thursday, May 3, 2012
I've tried a lot of lipsticks in my 26 years, and have yet to find one that actually lasts. I've tried the rubbery ones, the glosses that claim to stay on all day, and have often resorted to lip stains just so that my lips have constant color.
So I was understandably skeptical when I tried out Maybelline's latest Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick. But I actually liked it a lot. It comes in some absolutely fab colors. I tried out Ravishing Rouge for a burst of color, and Pout on Pink for a more subtle look. Both hues looked great, but I really liked the lighter pink best for everyday wear.
Now I have a little bad news. The lipstick does not last for 14 hours. It's a pretty ridiculous claim and I really didn't expect it to be true. I'd say it lasts for about six, which is actually pretty good. Throughout the day while I was testing them, I went around doing my regular daily routine. So the color lasted through me eating, writing for hours, and even lasted throughout an entire gym workout! I'd say that's pretty impressive. I mean, with this amazing lipstick, you really only need to apply it twice or so a day. That's loads better than my normal habit of constantly applying up to 30 times a day.
I also really liked the way the lipstick felt on my lips. Most long-lasting lip products are quite drying, feel mask-esque, or even like a layer of plastic. This stuff felt fairly light--just like a normal lipstick with some staying power!
It's definitely Sassy Fashionista approved! You can get your own tube (or a few!) for under $10 each.
Disclosure: This post contains a sample product sent for consideration by a PR company. My priority is to you, and I honor that commitment by being honest! If you have any questions about this, please email me.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- The Only Swimsuit You'll Ever Need
- Scent-sational: VS Love is Heavenly GIVEAWAY!!!
- Shimmer and Shine!
- Get a Perfect Pout
- Estee Lauder Gift With Purchase!
- Payless Pre-Summer Sale
- Fashion Faux Pas: the Electronic Bra
- The Prettiest Nail Pens Out There
- The Most Convenient Lip Gloss EVER!
- You've Done it Again, Target!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Wearing a Saran Wrap Headband
- Super Shimmery Hair Tip
- Beauty Boo-Boo: $62,000 Lipstick
- Love it! Denim-Hued Nail Polish
- Fashion Faux Pas: Robbing a Gas Station in a Pink ...
- Gorgey Gift for Mom--ON SALE!
- Want Your Man to Be More Like Ken? Check This Out!...
- Pamper Your Mom for Mother's Day!
- Why, HELLO Kitty!
- Lipstick That Stays Put!
- She Wore An Itsy, Bitsy, Teentie, Weenie, Yellow P...
- Is Your Manicure Illegal?
- ▼ May (22)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)