Friday, February 13, 2015
The bucket bag is THE most coveted accessory for the season. It's easy to see why--they're incredibly chic (especially in classic black), and they hold everything you could possibly need to take with you for a busy day. The idea is fantastic and I really want to get one for myself ASAP (hint, hint)!
Here's a little history: ever since Mansur Gavriel’s bucket bag became the latest “It” bag a little while back, there have been no shortage of copycats and lookalikes. Cheap brands, as well as well-known higher end designers like Michael Kors and Phillip Lim jumped on the bucket bag bandwagon. I can't say I blame them.
The latest designer to released a Mansur-esque bucket bag? Kenneth Cole. It's the closest thing I've seen to the real deal thus far, and I absolutely love it. From the drawstring closure to the gold printed brand name, this one is truly like a spitting image of the original. I am a huge Kenneth Cole fan anyway; the brand is within my budget, but it's designer-y enough to make me feel a little rich when I carry anything from their line.
The question is: can you tell the pictured bags apart? Which looks more expensive?
I'll help you out. On the left is the Kenneth Cole Dover Street Bucket Bag ($178), and on the right is the Mansur Gavriel Bucket Bag ($625).
Pretty crazy price difference, right?!
I think both bags look great, but honestly when they look this similar, I'm definitely one to go for the cheaper option.
Happy bargain hunting!
- ► 2016 (11)
- The Prettiest Pink Polish (At Least for Now...)
- FYI, I Have My Sassy Pants On
- The BEST Nail Polish Names
- Hello Kitty...For Men
- Chic Cookie Cutters
- The Look For Less: Groovy Studded Heels
- How to Make Your Heels More Comfy (Yes, Really!!!)...
- My Latest Obsession: The Glam Caddy
- Happy Breakup Day!
- Happy Valentine's Day!
- The Look For Less: Bucket Bags
- This T-Shirt is a Lie...But I Love it Anyway
- Are Lip Smackers Gone For Good?!
- Holla At My Home Girls!
- OPI's Fab Fifty Shades of Grey Collection
- Fashion Faux Pas: Men in Polka Dots
- Just In Case...Grab This Case!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)