In past seasons, sequins has always been a fashion faux pas--not quite acceptable to wear unless you happen to be a Broadway superstar or are certifiably insane. Now, in moderation, sequins are fabulously gorgeous!
The key is to limit yourself to one glitzy item. Keep the rest of your outfit toned down and let your shimmer shine! A great way to do this is by wearing a cute sequined top (like this one from Express for $29.50) with a simple pair of jeans. Personally, I'd wear the outfit with flats as to avoid the overly done up prostitute look. Accessory-wise, throw on a pair of simple stud earrings. The top is basically all the jewelry you'll need.
Oh, and a note to the fashion inept out there: even though sequins are in this season, please do not pull out any old sequined blazers with shoulder pads that you might have kickin' around from the 80s. They weren't cool then and they aren't cool now.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- A Zipper For Your Hair
- Smashbox Eyeshadow for $5!
- Avon's New Teal Nail Enamel: My New BFF
- Drugstore Beauty: Eyebrow Pencil Bargain
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Sack Dress
- Pretty Petite Palette
- Moroccan Flair
- Pretty In Pearls
- Makeup Tutorial: Simple Night Out
- Stylish Suede Shoes
- Natural Shine, Gorgeous Lips
- Beauty Boo-Boo: White Mascara
- Perfect Purple Polish
- What's In My Bag: August 09
- Drugstore Beauty Queen: Lipgloss Savings
- Office Ornament: Totally Totable Organizer
- Everything You'd Ever Want...Delivered
- Hideous Home Happenings: Boob Pillows...?
- ULTA Sale!
- Pumpin' Pretty Iron
- Brightest Blush on the Block
- Dry Your Nails in a Jiffy
- Clinique Bonus Time at Bon-Ton!
- Tattooed Shoes
- $15 Maxi Dress!!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: White Pumps
- Fashion Faux PAW
- Smooth Away: Basically Sand Paper for your Legs
- Safety [Pin] First!
- Clinique Bonus!
- The Perfect Lip Color for Everyone
- Pretty Pink Trench Coat
- Uhh...Goth is Back?
- Drugstore Beauty Queen
- Shiny Hair Equals Gorgeous
- Sneek Peek: Bobbi Brown Holiday 09 Collection
- Hear My Sweatshirt Roar!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Huge Ridiculous Sweaters
- Awards Ceremony Heels
- Sugar Kiss
- The Importance of a Good Quality Base Coat
- Fabbity Fab Flats for Fall
- Beauty Blunder: Lash Gems
- Plump Red Lips
- No More Foundation!
- Gorgeous Girly Guerlain Makeup
- Stila Palette for $20!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Stupid Tees
- Nine West Twisted Sister Tote
- Gorgeous Cropped Trench
- Fashion Faux Pas: Crocs for Kids
- Double-Sided Wonder
- Cute as a Button
- Christian Siriano's Fab VS Makeup Collection
- Nordstrom's Gift With Purchase!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Denim Shirts
- Sublime Sequins for Fall
- Lash Attack!
- These Earrings are Smokin'...Literally. Ew.
- Beachy Keen Dress
- Never Forget Your Lip Gloss Again!
- ▼ August (62)
- ► 2008 (69)