Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas: Huge Floral Hats

I can't stand these over-the-top floral "hats".  They look more like a random bouquet stuck to your head than anything else...and really, who wants that?! WHO???!!!

Sure, celebs can get away with practically anything and floppy floral hats are "acceptable" for them.  I highly disagree with this.  Maybe there are a few decent hats out there; I'm not against the possibility.  But from what I've seen, everyone wearing a huge hat festooned with flowers looks like an idiot.


I saw this woman in Boston waiting for the T. Not impressed.  Her whole entire outfit really needed a redo and I should have written out a fashion citation right on the spot.  But the worse part was the huge flower hat!

Did she look in the mirror that morning and say to herself, 'gosh I look fabulous!', or does she just not care?  Is this her normal springtime uniform?  If it's a one-time fashion mistake, I still don't think this is okay...because no one should ever even own a hat like this!! Where can you even purchase something like this?

If for some ungodly reason you can't live your life without flowers on your head, please opt for a cute headband like this one from Forever21.

If I see anyone else wearing a hat like this, I will most likely punch them in the face.  That's probably too aggressive.  So I won't do that--but I'll be pissed off.

That is all.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved