Monday, May 17, 2010

Little Lost Shoe

I came upon this when I was walking to work one day (in the North End of Boston).  You can't really see it in the picture, but it is actually an adorable little patent leather ballet flat.

And it was just sitting there.

I have so many questions:
  1. Is the owner prancing around Boston with only one shoe?
  2. Was this just some sort of "extra shoe" the owner happened to have (and if so, how did you pick which foot to have the extra shoe for?)
  3. Did you buy new shoes, wear them out of the store, and only discard one of the shoes you walked in with?
  4. Will a homeless man be eating this for dinner?
  5. Did the shoe run away from home?
Okay so that last one is doubtful.  But still, this whole thing intrigues me. The shoe was in good shape; not broken or torn in any way.  And black patent leather flats are a great staple to have in your wardrobe--not something to ever get rid of.  I could see if it was a single Croc, or any other type of hideous footwear.

But this?! I don't understand it.  When I walked home that night, the shoe was gone.  So I'm going with the idea that the shoe is a homeless man's dinner. So sad, no?

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved