Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fashion Faux Pas: Return of the Man Purse (ish)

How many times do I have to say it? I HATE MAN PURSES! Read my initial post of this here.

I know that this doesn't necessarily count as a "man purse" (it's more of a "man bag") but I still feel like it's the same idea.

I just happened to catch this guy in Boston the other day and...wow.  He wasn't with anyone--he even sat down alone for a half hour and then got on a bus. Alone.

Yes, there is a small chance that this duffle bag belongs to someone he is meeting at his destination.  But, chances are, it belongs to him as my intricate study suggests.

The odd thing is, he didn't look like a flamboyant gay man (not saying he isn't gay--I have no idea--he just wasn't flashy with it if he is).  He looked like the average commuter just buying a treat for his ride home.

This is like a man bag to the extreme!  I know that duffle bags are needed for travel, but there is a plethora of solid and printed  man-acceptable bags out there. TONS!! I don't even see many women carrying stuff like this around.

I did some digging around and if you are a lady and love the bag, he is carrying around a Roxy duffle bag.

Please, men of America, don't carry any sort of bag with florescent writing or designs on it.  I'm begging you.

That is all.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved