Monday, November 12, 2012
Fashion Faux Pas: Chanel’s Hula Hoop Bag
Apparently the bag is for the upcoming Spring/Summer 2013 season and is to be used, more or less, as a beach bag.
People have questioned that and designer Karl Lagerfeld recently explained the influence behind the design: “It’s for the beach. You need space for the beach towel. And then you can put it into the sand and hang things on it.”
Ummm...okay. How practical! That doesn't really explain anything at all.
I am so saddened by this because I love Chanel. I just don't get how this design made it to the runway. How do you even create a bag like this?! All I can picture is a big, important meeting with an intern sitting in the corner, saying "let's make a circle bag!" as a joke.
Unfortunately, it's no joke. You can purchase this bag for the Spring/Summer season. I'm sure it's crazily expensive. So the combo of shelling out tons of money and using a bag that can double as a hula hoop makes me want to punch someone in the face.
If I ever see anyone wearing this bag, they'd better watch out!
I'm not kidding.
That is all.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- So I Finally Got on the BB Cream Wagon...
- Holiday Gift For Him: Vince Camuto Cologne
- Want a Ring? Oui Oui!
- Travel with Style
- Michael Kors and Estee Lauder Team up for a Fab GW...
- Fashion Faux Pas: the Expensive Sequin Hat
- Lipstick Crayons!!
- Look Party Perfect
- Have a Fab Thanksgiving!!
- Add Some Sparkle to Your Hair!
- Holiday Gift Guide: Macy’s Makes it Easy!
- The Perfect Red Nail Polish
- Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial
- That's a Wrap!
- Hello Kitty Goes Wild
- Give the Gift of Smelling Fabulous!
- The Look For Less: Burgundy Nail Polish
- TA DA!!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Chanel’s Hula Hoop Bag
- DIY Manicure Must-Haves
- Nordstrom's November Clinique GWP!
- Happy Birthday, Dave!!!
- Men's Products Ladies Can Use!
- How to Wear Blue Eyeshadow Without Looking Like a ...
- Obsessed: Betsey Johnson's Betseyville Heart Colle...
- My Go-To All-Over Oil
- Want to be a Novelist?
- Bling Out Your Nails!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Cut-Out Crazy
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)