Monday, November 19, 2012
The Perfect Red Nail Polish
This season, red is really in style, so red nail polish is all over the place. I took the opportunity to see if I could find my "perfect red".
I tried a bunch of different hues, and spent time going through my sample nail polish box, until I finally found Orly's Ignite color. It's part of their latest Fired Up collection, which contains a bunch of fab fire-inspired colors, but I was instantly drawn to Ignite.
The bottle looked like it contained a very dark, almost burgundy hue. But as I applied it, I noticed that the result was much different than I expected--in a good way. The formula is almost gel-like and has a sheerness to it. After two coats, I ended up with a bright cherry red (which I found very pretty and classic). I wanted to see how dark it would get though, so I kept on piling a couple more thin layers on. It does get darker with each coat, but it never reached the dark burgundy color that is seen in the bottle.
I'm actually really happy with this, because it turns out I'm in love with the shade it provides. But for anyone who's looking to purchase it, be aware that the color is much different from the bottle!
You can get a bottle for around $5.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- So I Finally Got on the BB Cream Wagon...
- Holiday Gift For Him: Vince Camuto Cologne
- Want a Ring? Oui Oui!
- Travel with Style
- Michael Kors and Estee Lauder Team up for a Fab GW...
- Fashion Faux Pas: the Expensive Sequin Hat
- Lipstick Crayons!!
- Look Party Perfect
- Have a Fab Thanksgiving!!
- Add Some Sparkle to Your Hair!
- Holiday Gift Guide: Macy’s Makes it Easy!
- The Perfect Red Nail Polish
- Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial
- That's a Wrap!
- Hello Kitty Goes Wild
- Give the Gift of Smelling Fabulous!
- The Look For Less: Burgundy Nail Polish
- TA DA!!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Chanel’s Hula Hoop Bag
- DIY Manicure Must-Haves
- Nordstrom's November Clinique GWP!
- Happy Birthday, Dave!!!
- Men's Products Ladies Can Use!
- How to Wear Blue Eyeshadow Without Looking Like a ...
- Obsessed: Betsey Johnson's Betseyville Heart Colle...
- My Go-To All-Over Oil
- Want to be a Novelist?
- Bling Out Your Nails!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Cut-Out Crazy
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)