Wednesday, November 14, 2012
The Look For Less: Burgundy Nail Polish
This season, burgundy nails are all over the place--and I absolutely love it. You might recall me going on and on about how much I practically worship Essie's Wicked polish in the past. It's the perfect color for Fall and Winter...I actually wear it year-round. For some reason, it acts as a neutral shade and goes with everything. I've gone through several bottles (yes, I realize that I have a problem), and each bottle costs $8. That's not a crazy amount of money, but I've been on the lookout for something cheaper for a while, just as a backup.
And I found it! Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Fast Nail Color in Cinna-Snap looks almost exactly the same as Wicked. And it's under $5.
I know that's not a huge savings, but hey--every dollar counts! I also like the fact that Cinna-Snap dries almost instantly, and one coat usually gets the job done. With Wicked, I've often had to apply up to three coats for my nails to look opaque. I had to set aside about 45 minutes to paint my nails with it. Cinna-Snap takes ten minutes, max.
Both polishes are great and I'll continue to use both of them (I mean, I'll always love Essie), but it's nice to have a cheaper, quicker option if I need it.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- So I Finally Got on the BB Cream Wagon...
- Holiday Gift For Him: Vince Camuto Cologne
- Want a Ring? Oui Oui!
- Travel with Style
- Michael Kors and Estee Lauder Team up for a Fab GW...
- Fashion Faux Pas: the Expensive Sequin Hat
- Lipstick Crayons!!
- Look Party Perfect
- Have a Fab Thanksgiving!!
- Add Some Sparkle to Your Hair!
- Holiday Gift Guide: Macy’s Makes it Easy!
- The Perfect Red Nail Polish
- Brown Smoky Eye Tutorial
- That's a Wrap!
- Hello Kitty Goes Wild
- Give the Gift of Smelling Fabulous!
- The Look For Less: Burgundy Nail Polish
- TA DA!!!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Chanel’s Hula Hoop Bag
- DIY Manicure Must-Haves
- Nordstrom's November Clinique GWP!
- Happy Birthday, Dave!!!
- Men's Products Ladies Can Use!
- How to Wear Blue Eyeshadow Without Looking Like a ...
- Obsessed: Betsey Johnson's Betseyville Heart Colle...
- My Go-To All-Over Oil
- Want to be a Novelist?
- Bling Out Your Nails!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Cut-Out Crazy
- ▼ November (29)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- ► 2009 (288)
- ► 2008 (69)