Monday, November 2, 2009

Beauty Boo-Boo: Lancôme Ôscillation Powerfoundation


I'm so over the whole vibrating makeup thing that's been going on.  I don't see how anything vibrating (no matter how "micro" the vibrations are) can help anyone apply makeup better.  Why would it possibly be needed?  I tried some of the mascaras out there, and most recently I tried Lancôme's Ôscillation Powerfoundation. I was not impressed.


As with the mascaras, I found application to be a little tricky. I don't know if I'm shakier than most gals out there, but I can apply other makeup without any similar issues. When using the mascara, I could easily lean down on my elbow to keep my arm straight when applying.  It's tougher to replicate that when applying foundation. 

Though the foundation claims to give off 7,000 micro-vibrations per minute, the shakiness is still a bit visible and apparent when trying to use the product. That is not to say that it's as shaky as say a Sonic toothbrush, but it's still a bit weird-feeling.


Once I deposited enough of the foundation onto my face, I actually had to go over it with a makeup sponge before I felt like everything was blended sufficiently.


Oh, and the foundation is $48!  I've used many other foundations that were less than half that price that work a million times better.


No one should need to "turn their makeup on".  I think I'll save my vibrating for the bedroom! ;) (that was a joke courtesy of my boyfriend who thinks he is oh so hilarious).

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved