Saturday, October 24, 2009

Beauty Boo-Boo: Telescopic Explosion Mascara


Ever since I saw Givenchy's Phenomen mascara, I've been intrigued. Unfortunately, it's a bit pricey--$30.  Seems like a lot for mascara that I don't know if I like yet. So, when L'Oreal came out with their Telescopic Explosion mascara, I almost jumped for joy.  At only $9, this appears to be almost an exact replica of its steeper cousin.

Okay, so I hate this mascara. Not to brag, but I feel that I'm pretty skilled with mascara wands--I've tried a bunch of different ones and I knew that this one would be a challege, but figured I could handle it. No matter what I did, the mascara clumped all over the place. Like the directions said, I held the brush vertically at first, but it wasn't working out so I tried holding it horizontally. This basically had no difference, ecept that it clumped even more.

Since the brush is so tiny, applying mascara takes quite a chunk of time. I'm not a big fan of that, especially when the results are not great.

The mascara did seem to give a bit of length, and maybe with a different brush or a lash comb it could work. But the whole point of a "revolutionary brush" is that it's supposed to be amazing on its own.

Don't waste your money when there are so many other good quality, cheap mascaras out there!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved