Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's In My Makeup Bag: October

It's that time again. I shuffled some makeup goodies around for the month of October. Here's what I'm using this month:

CoverGirl Aqua CG Smoothers in Ivory: This is a really good sheer foundation. I don't wear it everyday, but if my skin is problematic, I'll throw this on for a little coverage.

L'Oreal True Match Concealer in Fair/Light: My trusty concealer. It's the best one I've found (even better than department store brands). It's pale enough for me and gives a good amount of coverage without looking cakey.

N.Y.C. Color Wheel Mosaic Face Powder in Translucent Highlighter Glow: Such a great finishing powder. It has just a slight bit of shimmer to give my face an overall glow, sans the whole glittery disco ball look. Plus it's wicked cheap!

Revlon A Floral Affair Blush in Pinking of You: I think this blush is discontinued. I picked it up at Big Lots for about $3 and I love it. It's a very bright pink that goes on fairly sheer and naturally. You can easily build up the color too, depending on your skintone.

Milani Glimmer Stripes in Berry Glimmer: I mainly use this as a highlighter, but it has a bit of color so I can use it alone as blush. The color is a mixture of bronze/berry hues that looks natural and is a great transitional color for fall.

Pixi Natural Mineral Kit in Stockholm: This is a great all-in-one kit that I recently stumbled upon. It has four purple/brown/taupe eyeshadows, two cheek colors (one cream and one powder), and two lip colors (a sheer berry stain and a champagne gloss). This is a good kit for traveling or for keeping in your purse for touchups. I'm obsessed with the berry lip stain.

Jemma Kidd Strike a Pose Swivel Palette: Another great kit, barely bigger than a credit card. This can go everywhere with you. It has four eyeshadows ranging from gold to brown to charcoal, one cream highlighter, one cream blush, and one lip gloss. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and rich.

Revlon Soft on the Eyes Palette: These four shimmery shadows are good for under the eyebrow and the inner corner of the eye.

Pixi Fairy Light Solo in Champagne Glow: THE perfect highlighting eyeshadow. I generally use this as an overall base on my entire lid. The color is rich and looks like my skin only better.

NP Set Eye Palette in Amsterdam: These three purple-hued shadows make my green eyes pop. I like to wear these when I'm going out at night.

Clinique Colour Surge Eye Palette: I got this in a gift set; it doesn't have an actual name. The colors are purple-ish/brown shades that act like the shadows above, but are less harsh and can work for daytime.

Bed Head Cyberoptics Eyeshadow in Taupe: a pigment-packed eyeshadow in a gorgeous shimmery natural shade.

Revlon Line Fantasy Cream Eyeliner in Plum: This is another purchase I made at Big Lots so I'm pretty sure this is discontinued as well. I actually use this not only as a liner, but also as a cream eyeshadow. It goes on very smoothly and lasts for hours.

L'Oreal HIP Kohl Eyeliner in Burgundy Kohl: a natural-looking bronze/plum shade. It looks really cool on because it's actually a powder. Very blendable and mistake-proof.

Revlon Bedroom Eyes in Plum Wicked: I love this for doing a smokey eye. You can use this as both a shadow and a liner. It makes smokey eyes really easy to do.

Avon Smooth Minerals Eye Liner in Indigo: Blue eyeliner is usually tricky to pull off, but this shade is gorgeous. It's the color of a great pair of dark washed jeans and makes the whites of your eyes look brighter.

Sonia Kashuk Eye Definer in Plummy Bronze: This is a good eyeliner for daytime. The color is good for my eyes because they are blue/green. The plum brings out the green and the bronze brings out the blue, making my eyes live up to their full potential.

Styli-Style Flat Pencil in Rome: a bright purple eyeliner. The shape of the pencil is what I like--by simply turning the pencil I can go from a thin line to a thick line on the outside corner of my eye.

Milani Easy Liner for Eyes in Black: a really good black eyeliner. It's creamy and quite blendable.

Wet n Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner in Black: This eyeliner doesn't budge at all. Great for an old Hollywood cat-eye look.

Pout Mascara in Black: The brush on this is tiny so it makes it easy to reach every single lash. You can even use this on your lower lashes without having to worry about smudging.

Rimmel Glam'eyes in Midnight Black: my new fave mascara. It looks like I'm wearing false lashes without all that messy glue!

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved