Monday, October 26, 2009

Fashion Faux Pas: Literally Draping Yourself in Velvet


When I opened my email today, I found a "fashion news bulletin" informing me that velvet is in for winter.  This isn't really news to me; velvet is usually in around the holiday season.  What was alarming was the Velvet Wrap Dress that is claimed to be all the rage. 

Okay...when I first saw it, all I could think of was the episode of Seinfeld when George went on about being draped in velvet if it were socially acceptable.  Even he knew that it is not socially acceptable.  Nor will it ever be.  

The dress looks like a sack.  A pretty sack, yes, but it will do nothing for the body.  It doesn't have any shape whatsoever.  And yet, the dress is SOLD OUT despite its hefty $160 price tag.

If you have money to blow, I'd suggest purchasing the dress and using is as a curtain.  Or just buy a decent dress.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved