Tuesday, October 20, 2009
When I heard about Biolustre, I was a bit skeptical. The product claims to restore damaged hair back to a "virgin hair" state, meaning it should go back to the way it was before any coloring or heat styling had occurred. It honestly sounds too good to be true. Nevertheless, I'm generally willing try just about anything to repair my locks, so I gave it a go.
Did it return my hair back to luscious, untampered with, "virgin hair"? No. But, my hair is definitely in much better shape than it was. It's silky smooth and looks healthy, which is basically a miracle for my hair. I'm pretty impressed!
The system uses four products to achieve gorgeous hair:
1) Release Cleansing Shampoo: This gentle cleansing shampoo removes excess oils and product build-up preparing the hair for the Biolustre Revive Repair Treatment.
2) Revive Repair Treatment: This formula is clinically proven to actually repair hair to a near virgin (not processed) state. It can increase strength of hair by 25% to 250% depending on the level of damage.
3) Restore Maintenance Treatment Shampoo: This contains Biolustre's exclusive Lustreloc Technology, which delivers low levels of polymers to provide added strength and shine to hair.
4) Renew Daily Conditioning Sealant: A daily conditioner formulated with ingredients like mint and tea tree oil for a soothing sensation. Renew is designed to help smooth the hair cuticle and seal in moisture.
Here's a before and after picture (not me), to give you an idea of the difference this product can make:
Everything works together and the outcome is pretty remarkable. I love the conditioner in particular because it has a nice mint scent and it deeply penetrates the hair. I don't remember the last time my hair looked this good!
You can buy the treatment set for about $40 from Biolustre directly.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Stained [ish] Shirt
- Luna Twilight Color Palette
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lipstick Covered Teeth
- Pink Me Up!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Coach Floral Scarf
- Techie Accessory: Robot USB Key
- Review: Anew Reversalist System
- Cure Cold Weather Skin: Olay Active Hydrating Cre...
- Hard Candy at Walmart!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Super Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Whoops Bunny Makeup Sticks
- $14 LBD from Walmart!
- Drugstore Diva: Perfect Red Plumping Gloss
- My Beauty Prayers Have Been Answered: Shadow Shie...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Literally Draping Yourself in V...
- Beautiful Brown Mascara
- Fashion Savings: Cute Scarf for WAY Less!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Telescopic Explosion Mascara
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Michael Kors Tee
- Life-Saving Lip Gloss
- Forget Me Knot
- Sephora's Friends and Family SALE!!!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lindsay Lohan
- Tutorial: Peacock Eyes for Night
- Bamboo Brushes
- Damaged Hair Helper: Biolustre
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sonia Kashuk Purse-Sized ...
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sealed With a Cure!
- Instant Virtual Makeover at RealBeauty.com
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Butter LONDON Pink Ribbo...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Disco Pants
- Think Pink: Pretty Pink Flats
- Gorgeous Glow
- Tutorial: Va Va Voom Violet Eyes
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Ribbon Keds
- What's In My Makeup Bag: October
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Pretty Pink Purchases Fro...
- Style for the Home: Rubik's Cube Salt & Pepper Gr...
- Too Faced Vintage Product SALE!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Furry Vests
- Bead For Life
- Harajuku Lovers Snow Bunnies: Too Cute For Words
- Feel Your Boobies
- Eeee!!! Sales Galore!
- Bargain Bag
- Nordstrom's Fall Gift With Purchase
- Good to Glow
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Marilyn Minter Bag
- Drugstore Beauty Bargain: Hair Shimmer Spray
- Boyfriend Blazer Without the Bulk
- Clinique Gift With Purchase at Macy's!
- Huge Lips Skinny Hips
- Tutorial: How To Apply Concealer
- Faux-Vintage Pumps
- A Reusable Bag That Tells it Like it is...
- Global Goddess 60% off!
- Cash For Clunkers at Sephora
- Man Mishap: The Unibrow
- Today Only: Aerosoles Sale!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Beauty For the Cure
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Think Pink
- Fusion Sale!!!
- Bigger is Better
- Breast Cancer Awareness: It's Back! OPI Pink of H...
- Pixi Sale at The Fairest!
- Tutorial: How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Great Skin for a Great C...
- ▼ October (67)
- ► 2008 (69)