Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Damaged Hair Helper: Biolustre


My hair is damaged beyond belief.  I started coloring it in the 6th grade.  I've been blow drying and flat ironing it daily since high school.  Plus it's just ridiculously thick and dry to begin with.

When I heard about Biolustre, I was a bit skeptical.  The product claims to restore damaged hair back to a "virgin hair"  state, meaning it should go back to the way it was before any coloring or heat styling had occurred.  It honestly sounds too good to be true.  Nevertheless, I'm generally willing try just about anything to repair my locks, so I gave it a go.

Did it return my hair back to luscious, untampered with, "virgin hair"?  No.  But, my hair is definitely in much better shape than it was.   It's silky smooth and looks healthy, which is basically a miracle for my hair.  I'm pretty impressed!

The system uses four products to achieve gorgeous hair: 

1) Release Cleansing Shampoo: This gentle cleansing shampoo removes excess oils and product build-up preparing the hair for the Biolustre Revive Repair Treatment.

2) Revive Repair Treatment: This formula is clinically proven to actually repair hair to a near virgin (not processed) state. It can increase strength of hair by 25% to 250% depending on the level of damage.

3) Restore Maintenance Treatment Shampoo: This contains Biolustre's exclusive Lustreloc Technology, which delivers low levels of polymers to provide added strength and shine to hair.

4) Renew Daily Conditioning Sealant: A daily conditioner formulated with ingredients like mint and tea tree oil for a soothing sensation. Renew is designed to help smooth the hair cuticle and seal in moisture.


Here's a before and after picture (not me), to give you an idea of the difference this product can make:




Amazing, right?

Everything works together and the outcome is pretty remarkable.  I love the conditioner in particular because it has a nice mint scent and it deeply penetrates the hair.  I don't remember the last time my hair looked this good!

You can buy the treatment set for about $40 from Biolustre directly.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved