Aqua eyeshadow can be a little scary. I was terrified to try it at first. I actually went into The Body Shop looking for some new products and asked a sales gal what eyeshadow I should try for a fun, different evening look. I had been sticking to the same basic colors--brown, bronze, plum, and gray. When she pulled out their Peacock Green shade, I freaked out a little. Because I have green eyes, I had always been told that I couldn't really wear green eyeshadow--it'd just clash. But as I tried out the look, I realized that it actually looked pretty damn gorgeous for a night on the town. And it was def different from my normal routine. Here's how I do the look:
Eye Shimmer in Emerald and sweep it on the lid from your lashline to just above the crease. Make sure to blend this really well. This color is great because it has almost an iridescent sheen to it that enhances any eyeshadow when you wear it underneath or on top. You can also use any light green shimmer for a similar effect.
Eye Color in Peacock Green from the lashline to the crease, then blend up. I highly suggest buying this actual color. Finding a good blue-ish green shade is really difficult. There aren't too many good ones out there. Try starting out with a light layer of shadow and build it up. This is fairly high-pigmented so after a few layers you should be good. One layer will look too much like a weird neon green hue that isn't really socially acceptable...unless that's what you're going for.
This is what the lid should look like. Apply two coats of black mascara.
Because the eyes are so bold, you'll want to tone down everything else. Use a light pinky-peach blush and a nude lip gloss to complete the look.
P.S.: Thanks to my super-duper boyfriend for taking these pictures (and most of the previous tutorial ones)! I don't know too many guys who would spend multiple evenings taking step-by-step pictures of their girlfriend applying makeup!
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
- ► 2014 (45)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Stained [ish] Shirt
- Luna Twilight Color Palette
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lipstick Covered Teeth
- Pink Me Up!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Coach Floral Scarf
- Techie Accessory: Robot USB Key
- Review: Anew Reversalist System
- Cure Cold Weather Skin: Olay Active Hydrating Cre...
- Hard Candy at Walmart!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Super Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Whoops Bunny Makeup Sticks
- $14 LBD from Walmart!
- Drugstore Diva: Perfect Red Plumping Gloss
- My Beauty Prayers Have Been Answered: Shadow Shie...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Literally Draping Yourself in V...
- Beautiful Brown Mascara
- Fashion Savings: Cute Scarf for WAY Less!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Telescopic Explosion Mascara
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Michael Kors Tee
- Life-Saving Lip Gloss
- Forget Me Knot
- Sephora's Friends and Family SALE!!!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lindsay Lohan
- Tutorial: Peacock Eyes for Night
- Bamboo Brushes
- Damaged Hair Helper: Biolustre
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sonia Kashuk Purse-Sized ...
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sealed With a Cure!
- Instant Virtual Makeover at RealBeauty.com
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Butter LONDON Pink Ribbo...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Disco Pants
- Think Pink: Pretty Pink Flats
- Gorgeous Glow
- Tutorial: Va Va Voom Violet Eyes
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Ribbon Keds
- What's In My Makeup Bag: October
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Pretty Pink Purchases Fro...
- Style for the Home: Rubik's Cube Salt & Pepper Gr...
- Too Faced Vintage Product SALE!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Furry Vests
- Bead For Life
- Harajuku Lovers Snow Bunnies: Too Cute For Words
- Feel Your Boobies
- Eeee!!! Sales Galore!
- Bargain Bag
- Nordstrom's Fall Gift With Purchase
- Good to Glow
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Marilyn Minter Bag
- Drugstore Beauty Bargain: Hair Shimmer Spray
- Boyfriend Blazer Without the Bulk
- Clinique Gift With Purchase at Macy's!
- Huge Lips Skinny Hips
- Tutorial: How To Apply Concealer
- Faux-Vintage Pumps
- A Reusable Bag That Tells it Like it is...
- Global Goddess 60% off!
- Cash For Clunkers at Sephora
- Man Mishap: The Unibrow
- Today Only: Aerosoles Sale!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Beauty For the Cure
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Think Pink
- Fusion Sale!!!
- Bigger is Better
- Breast Cancer Awareness: It's Back! OPI Pink of H...
- Pixi Sale at The Fairest!
- Tutorial: How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Great Skin for a Great C...
- ▼ October (67)
- ► 2008 (69)