Applying concealer can be pretty tricky. Everyone wants a flawless face, but getting it involves a bit of work.
Start out with a clean canvas. By this, I mean wash your face with a creamy cleanser. You can even use a face wipe. Boots No7 Quick Thinking 4-in-1 Wipes are good and you can get them at any drugstore. Apply a light moisturizer like Dove's Day Lotion. Hydrated skin is the easiest to work with. If you have severe dry skin (like me), use something a little thicker and creamier like Lierac's Anti-Aging Hydration Extreme Balm. The thicker the moisturizer, the longer you should wait before applying makeup. This shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes.
Once your skin is dry, take a cream concealer (like Bed Head Wipe Out Concealer) and apply it all over your eyelids with a concealer brush. You want to use a brush for this step because they pick up cream concealers best and help apply evenly. Many people don't wear concealer on their lids, but it's actually important. The skin on your eyelids is very thin, so any imperfections you may have show up the most there. An added bonus is that the concealer acts as a base for eyeshadow and helps it stay in place.
Dot a liquid concealer under your eyes. L'Oreal True Match Concealer works well. Liquid concealers are the easiest to blend and they give a good amount of coverage without looking cakey. Blend with your ring finger; it gives you the most control. Lightly pat the concealer into place. If you have severe undereye circles, you can opt for a cream concealer, but make sure to spend extra time blending.
Next, use the same liquid concealer and apply it to any trouble spots. For me, I tend to get redness around my mouth, and sometimes I'll have a few red blotches is random areas. Blend the same way you blended under your eyes--pat with your ring finger until the edges of the concealer are seamless.
Using a big fluffy brush, use a translucent powder to blend everything together even more. Almay Pure Blends Loose Finishing Powder in Translucent Shimmer is my fave because it adds just a hint of shimmer to give you a bit of a glow.
And there you have it! Follow these steps and your face will look flawless. Just apply your normal makeup on top and you're good to go.
- ► 2016 (11)
- ► 2015 (59)
- ► 2014 (47)
- ► 2013 (156)
- ► 2012 (250)
- ► 2011 (173)
- ► 2010 (250)
- Fashion Faux Pas: The Stained [ish] Shirt
- Luna Twilight Color Palette
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lipstick Covered Teeth
- Pink Me Up!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Coach Floral Scarf
- Techie Accessory: Robot USB Key
- Review: Anew Reversalist System
- Cure Cold Weather Skin: Olay Active Hydrating Cre...
- Hard Candy at Walmart!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Super Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Whoops Bunny Makeup Sticks
- $14 LBD from Walmart!
- Drugstore Diva: Perfect Red Plumping Gloss
- My Beauty Prayers Have Been Answered: Shadow Shie...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Literally Draping Yourself in V...
- Beautiful Brown Mascara
- Fashion Savings: Cute Scarf for WAY Less!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Telescopic Explosion Mascara
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Michael Kors Tee
- Life-Saving Lip Gloss
- Forget Me Knot
- Sephora's Friends and Family SALE!!!
- Beauty Boo-Boo: Lindsay Lohan
- Tutorial: Peacock Eyes for Night
- Bamboo Brushes
- Damaged Hair Helper: Biolustre
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sonia Kashuk Purse-Sized ...
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sealed With a Cure!
- Instant Virtual Makeover at RealBeauty.com
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Butter LONDON Pink Ribbo...
- Fashion Faux Pas: Disco Pants
- Think Pink: Pretty Pink Flats
- Gorgeous Glow
- Tutorial: Va Va Voom Violet Eyes
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Pink Ribbon Keds
- What's In My Makeup Bag: October
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Pretty Pink Purchases Fro...
- Style for the Home: Rubik's Cube Salt & Pepper Gr...
- Too Faced Vintage Product SALE!
- Fashion Faux Pas: Furry Vests
- Bead For Life
- Harajuku Lovers Snow Bunnies: Too Cute For Words
- Feel Your Boobies
- Eeee!!! Sales Galore!
- Bargain Bag
- Nordstrom's Fall Gift With Purchase
- Good to Glow
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Marilyn Minter Bag
- Drugstore Beauty Bargain: Hair Shimmer Spray
- Boyfriend Blazer Without the Bulk
- Clinique Gift With Purchase at Macy's!
- Huge Lips Skinny Hips
- Tutorial: How To Apply Concealer
- Faux-Vintage Pumps
- A Reusable Bag That Tells it Like it is...
- Global Goddess 60% off!
- Cash For Clunkers at Sephora
- Man Mishap: The Unibrow
- Today Only: Aerosoles Sale!
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Beauty For the Cure
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Think Pink
- Fusion Sale!!!
- Bigger is Better
- Breast Cancer Awareness: It's Back! OPI Pink of H...
- Pixi Sale at The Fairest!
- Tutorial: How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Great Skin for a Great C...
- ▼ October (67)
- ► 2008 (69)