Thursday, October 29, 2009

Review: Anew Reversalist System


This past week, I had the chance to try out Avon's new Anew Reversalist skincare system.


The duo includes a Night Renewal Cream and a Renewal Serum.  The cream is only to be used at night and the serum should be applied each morning (before, or in place of moisturizer), and night.

To work, the system uses activin, a protein complex.  With these products, activin's wound healing powers are triggered, acting much like professional laser treatments. This leads to greater collagen production and, in turn, younger-looking skin.  It's certainly an interesting idea and seems like a healthy way to get gorge skin.

I tried out the system for about a week and noticed a little difference in my skin, which is actually saying a lot given the fact that most skincare products can take months to actually give any sort of result!  


Fortunately, I'm in only my 20s, so my skin is fairly decent.  But I do like to use anti-aging products as a preventative measure.


Upon first application (which was overnight), I did find that my skin was softer.  The next morning, it seemed like my overall skintone was more even, meaning I had to cake on less makeup than usual (huge plus!)  By the end of the week, I simply noticed more of the same; mainly my skin looked like my skin, but a little better.  With continued use, I could def see how it would repair aged-skin.

Also, I have severely dry, sensitive skin and the products did not irritate it at all.


I do have to say though, there was one thing I disliked about the product. For some reason, it seems to leave behind a film.  It feels a bit greasy and might cause certain skin types to break out.  Since my skin is so dry, I didn't have that problem, but it's something to consider.


Overall, it's a good system and I'd recommend it to anyone looking to achieve the look of younger skin.


You can purchase the duo for $59 from Avon.

Blog Archive





reviews Blogs




Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited without prior written permission.





© 2007-2018 Alana Finnie - All Rights Reserved